Monday, March 21, 2011

Here we go!

I decided a few days ago that it would be fun to have my own blog, one that focuses on my sculpting, although there might be some posts about drawing and metalworking as well. I work primarily in a polymer clay called Sculpey Firm, but I am always eager to familiarize myself with other media, so I am currently experimenting with Chavant Le Beau Touche plastilene and want to try their NSP clays as well as Castilene. One day I would like to work in wax and really get into moldmaking, but for now, Sculpey is the clay I'm most comfortable with.

Without further ado, here are some photos of my work in sculpey:




My next entry will have some in-process photos of the piece I recently completed in Chavant. So long and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to learn from you and see your works in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very bold gothic sculptures. There is a beautiful haunting quality to them. Your sculptures are well modeled very impressive.

    ReplyDelete